Thank you for visiting our website (“Site”). www.nccgroup.ca (“North Canadian Construction Ltd.” or NCC or the “Company”) is committed to treating the personal and corporate information of our Site users, customers, and vendors with respect and sensitivity.
1. WHAT PERSONAL DATA DOES THE COMPANY COLLECT?
We collect personal information that you enter on our Site or otherwise volunteer to us when you contact us to, among other things, make purchases or request information. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features.
For purposes of this Policy, “Personal Data” means information (whether stored electronically or in paper based filing systems) relating to a living individual who can be identified from that data (or from that data and other information in our possession). Personal Data can be:
- factual – such as a name, address, email, phone, or date of birth
- sensitive – such as financial account information, protected health or medical details or information about your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or similar beliefs, physical or mental health or condition or sexual life; or
- opinion – such as the results of a self-assessment test.
NCC collects only that Personal Data that is relevant for the purposes for which the data is requested. NCC does not use your Personal Data in any way that is incompatible with the purposes for which it was collected or for which you have consented.
You can visit our Site without telling us who you are or revealing any Personal Data. But in some circumstances we may ask you for and you may submit Personal Data, which may include:
INFORMATION YOU GIVE US
When you contact us through our Site, or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail, or otherwise, or meet us at an NCC event, we may collect Personal Data including:
- contact information, such as name, address, email, and phone;
- financial information, such as credit card and account information collected when you purchase products or services;
- identification information, such as gender and date of birth;
- for those considering careers with NCC, professional personal information such as a resumé or C.V., salary history, education history, citizenship information, and position sought, as applicable;
- for current or prospective affiliates, suppliers, and subcontractors, personal information such as social security number, federal tax ID number, or other relevant information, as applicable.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
When you visit our Site, our web server automatically collects and stores the following information:
- Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, referring website address, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), pages on our Site you viewed; page response times, download errors, duration of page visits, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
This information helps us improve our Site and facilitates your online experience when accessing our Site.
INFORMATION WE RECEIVE FROM OTHER SOURCES
This is information we receive about you from third parties who operate other Sites or services we use to provide our products and services to you. We work closely with third parties, including, for example, business partners, promoters, affiliates, and sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, marketing analytics providers, promotions, and search information providers. We will notify you when we receive information about you from them and the purposes for which we intend to use that information.
2. HOW DOES THE COMPANY USE PERSONAL DATA?
INFORMATION YOU GIVE TO US
We will use this information:
- to provide you with the information, products, and services that you request from us;
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, or between you and our promoters, affiliates, or distributors;
- to contact you in the future to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer, or that are offered by our affiliates or third party vendors;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to comply with applicable laws and regulations;
- for training purposes, quality assurance, and to record details about the products and services you order from us;
- to make inquiries about you for credit reference purposes;
- to perform data analyses (including anonymization and aggregation of Personal Data);
- for prospective employees, to respond to your job application and process your CV.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
- We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical, and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure.
INFORMATION WE RECEIVE FROM OTHER SOURCES
We will combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We will use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
3. DO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA WITH ANY THIRD PARTIES?
We do not sell your Personal Data to any third parties. We partner with third parties to provide some of the services and products available on our Site and at our events. We sometimes disclose your Personal Data to those third parties, and they sometimes collect your Personal Data in the first instance and provide it to us. All such third parties use your Personal Data only on behalf of NCC and under the instructions of NCC on how your information may be used and processed. NCC and our partners will use your Personal Data for limited purposes as specified in this Policy. NCC takes reasonable steps to ensure these third parties use your Personal Data only for the purposes for which they have been engaged by NCC and that they agree to provide protections for your Personal Data that are no less protective than those set out in this Policy.
By visiting our Site or attending our events and sharing your Personal Data, you agree that we have the right to share your personal information with selected third parties including:
- Sales – business partners, promoters, affiliates, distributors, suppliers, and sub-contractors for the purpose of fulfilling requests from you to purchase goods and services from our Site or at our events;
- Marketing – business partners, promoters, affiliates, distributors, suppliers, and sub-contractors for the purpose of direct marketing of goods and services that you may be interested in;
- Cloud Services – business partners, promoters, affiliates, distributors, suppliers, and sub-contractors that provide cloud storage services;
- Contractual Performance – business partners, promoters, affiliates, distributors, suppliers, and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with you, or they enter with you on behalf of NCC;
- Web Analytics – analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimization of our site;
WE MAY ALSO DISCLOSE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION TO THIRD PARTIES IN THE FOLLOWING CIRCUMSTANCES:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your Personal Data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets as part of the purchase, transfer, or sale of services or assets;
- If we sell all or substantially all of our assets to a third party, in which case personal information about our customers will be one of the transferred assets;
Whenever we share information with third parties, we will take steps to ensure that the third parties put in place adequate measures to safeguard your Personal Data, and they will be required to use any Personal Data for only the intended purpose for which it was shared.
4. OUR STORAGE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
NCC uses reasonable and appropriate measures to protect your Personal Data from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction, taking into due account the risks involved in the processing undertaken and the nature of the Personal Data we collect.
We will keep your personal data for as long as we need it, or as otherwise prescribed by law, for the purposes set out above. This period will vary depending on your interactions with us. We may also keep a record of correspondence with you (for example if you have made a complaint about a product) for as long as is necessary to protect us from a legal claim.
You may unsubscribe from any of our online e-mail updates and marketing by following the unsubscribe instructions in the body of any e-mail message we have sent to you. We will take commercially reasonable steps to implement your unsubscribe requests promptly, but you may still receive promotional information form us by mail for up to 60 days, and up to 10 days for e-mail. You may also continue to receive information from those third parties to whom we have previously disclosed your Personal Data.
Please note that when you unsubscribe from our marketing communications, we will keep a record of your email address to make reasonable effort that we do not send you marketing emails in future.
5. ACCESS TO OTHER WEBSITES
6. PROTECTING CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
7. ADDITIONAL POLICIES IN COMPLIANCE WITH THE EEA PRIVACY LAWS
“Controller” means the Company which is the organization that determines the purposes for which, and the manner in which, any Personal Data is Processed and used in its business.
“Processor” means any Person Processing Personal Data.
“Person” means a natural person, corporation, association, organization, partnership, or other legal entity.
“Processing” is any activity that involves use of the Personal Data. It includes, without limitation, obtaining, recording or holding the Personal Data, or carrying out any operation or set of operations on the Personal Data including organizing, amending, retrieving, using, disclosing, erasing or destroying it. Processing also includes transferring Personal Data to third parties.
7.2 THE LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
In order to comply with the GDPR, we are required to set out the legal basis for the processing of your Personal Data. In accordance with the purposes for which we collect and use your Personal Data, as set out above, the legal basis for processing your Personal Data will typically be one of the following:
- our own legitimate business interests, or the legitimate business interests of our third party partners, promoters, affiliates, distributors, suppliers, vendors, and subcontractors, such as, for example, providing direct marketing to our customers of our products and services that we think would be of interest, permitting prospective employees to search and apply for job opportunities, handling inquiries from our promoters, affiliates, distributors, vendors, and customers, or other instances where we have carried out a legitimate interests assessment and have established an existing legitimate interest;
- the performance of a contract that we have in place with you;
- your consent where appropriate; or
- compliance with our legal obligations, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
7.3 WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
7.4 ADDENDUM TO HOW LONG WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
In some cases, there is a legal requirement to keep Personal Data for a minimum period of time. Except in those circumstances, we do not keep your Personal Data for any longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the Personal Data was collected or for which it is to be further processed.
7.5 YOUR RIGHTS WITH RESPECT TO YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Subject to certain exceptions, you have the following rights with respect to your Personal Data:
- To receive a copy of the Personal Data that we hold about you;
- To request that any inaccurate or incomplete Personal Data be corrected or supplemented;
- To have your Personal Data erased, unless we have a legitimate reason to retain the Personal Data (such as if we are required to do so for legal reasons); and
- To ask us not to process your Personal Data for a particular purpose, including for marketing.
- All of these rights are subject to certain conditions and exemptions. For example, NCC will not be obligated to erase your Personal
- Data if we need to retain it to protect ourselves in the event of a legal claim.
To exercise any of these rights, please submit a written request to us using the contact information set forth below. The Company reserves the right to charge a fee in dealing with such a request as permitted by applicable law and regulations. You may also opt out of receiving additional marketing information by using the unsubscribe feature in any marketing email we send you.
9. CONTACTING US
Welcome to www.nccgroup.ca (the “Website“). The Website is owned and operated by North Canadian Construction Group Ltd, (“NCC“, “us” or “we“).
2. PRIVACY AND YOUR ACCOUNT
4. RESTRICTIONS ON USE; LIMITED LICENSE
All content contained on the Website (collectively, “Content“), such as text, graphics, logos, icons, images, audio and video clips, digital downloads, data compilations, and software, is our property or the property of our licensors or licensees, and the compilation of the Content on the Website is our exclusive property, protected by Canada and international copyright laws, treaties and conventions. All software used on the Website is our property or the property of our software suppliers and protected by Canada and international copyright laws, treaties and conventions.
Any trademarks, service marks, graphics, logos, page headers, icons, scripts and trade names (each, a “Mark“) contained on the Website are proprietary to us or our licensors or licensees. Our Marks may not be used in connection with any product or service that is not ours in any manner that is likely to cause confusion among users or that disparages or discredits us or anyone else. All other Marks not owned by us that appear on the Website are the property of their respective owners, who may or may not be affiliated with, connected to, or sponsored by us.
We grant you a limited license to access and make personal use of the Website. No Content of the Website or any other Internet site owned, operated, licensed, or controlled by us may be copied, reproduced, republished, downloaded (other than page caching), uploaded, posted, transmitted or distributed in any way, or sold, resold, visited, or otherwise exploited for any commercial purpose, except that you may download one (1) copy of the Content that we make available to you for such purposes on a single computer for your personal, noncommercial, home use only, provided that you: (a) keep intact all copyright, trademark and other proprietary rights notices; (b) do not modify any of the Content; (c) do not use any Content in a manner that suggests an association with any of our products, services or brands; and (d) do not download Content so as to avoid future downloads from the Website. Your use of Content on any other website or computer environment is strictly prohibited.
The license granted to you does not include, and specifically excludes, any rights to: resell or make any commercial use of the Website or any Content; collect and use any product listings, descriptions, or prices; make any derivative use of the Website or Content; download or copy account information for the benefit of anyone else; or use any form of data mining, robots, or similar data gathering and extraction tools. You may not frame, or utilize framing techniques to enclose, any Mark, Content or other proprietary information, or use any meta tags or any other “hidden text” utilizing any such intellectual property, without our and each applicable owner’s express written consent. Any unauthorized use automatically terminates the license granted to you hereunder. You are granted a limited, revocable, and non-exclusive right to create a hyperlink only to our home page provided that the link does not portray us or our licensors or licensees, or their respective products or services, in a false, misleading, derogatory, or otherwise offensive matter. You may not use any of our or any such party’s intellectual property as part of the link without our and each such party’s express written consent.
5. USE AND PROTECTION OF PASSWORD AND ID
NCC will assign a password and account ID to you so you can access and use certain areas of the Website. Each user who uses such assigned password and ID shall be deemed to be authorized by you to access and use the Website, and NCC shall have no obligation to investigate the authorization or source of any such access or use.
YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT AS BETWEEN YOU AND NCC, YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE WEBSITE BY ANYONE USING THE PASSWORD AND ID ASSIGNED TO YOU WHETHER OR NOT SUCH ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE WEBSITE IS ACTUALLY AUTHORIZED BY YOU, INCLUDING ALL COMMUNICATIONS AND TRANSMISSIONS AND ALL OBLIGATIONS (INCLUDING FINANCIAL OBLIGATIONS FOR PURCHASES THROUGH THE WEBSITE) THAT MAY RESULT FROM SUCH ACCESS OR USE.
You are solely responsible for protecting the security and confidentiality of the password and ID assigned to you. You shall immediately notify NCC of any unauthorized use of the assigned password or ID, or any other breach or threatened breach of the Website’s security of which you are aware. You will be responsible for any activity conducted under your assigned password or ID.
6. SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
Use of the certain areas of the Website requires Internet access, audio manager software or other software allowing the downloading and storing of audio and audio-visual files in MP3 or other digital format (the “Software“), and, for certain downloadable content, a compatible player device (the “Device“). NCC may, at any time and from time to time, in its sole discretion, modify, revise, or otherwise change the system requirements for the Website and the format of any downloadable content, in whole or in part, without notice or liability to you.
Internet access, use of the Software, or use of a Device may result in fees in addition to any fees incurred on the Website. Software and Devices may require you to obtain updates or upgrades from time to time. Your ability to use the Website may be affected by the performance of the Software, the Device, or your Internet connection. You acknowledge and agree that it is your sole responsibility to comply with the system requirements of your Software and Device, as in effect from time to time, and to maintain, update, and upgrade your Software and Devices, including the payment of all Internet access, Software, and Device fees without recourse to NCC.
You may post reviews, comments, photographs, and other content; send communications; and submit suggestions, ideas, comments, questions, or other information, so long as none of these materials are illegal, obscene, threatening, defamatory, invasive of privacy, infringing on intellectual property rights, or otherwise injurious to third parties or objectionable and do not consist of or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings, or any form of “spam.” You may not use a false e-mail address, impersonate anyone, or otherwise mislead as to the origin of any content. We reserve the right (but not the obligation) to remove or edit any such content, but we do not regularly review posted content.
Please do not send us any material that you do not intend to be subject to the User-Generated Content License described in this paragraph. All content described in the immediately preceding paragraph and any and all other information, content or materials that you post or send to us hereinafter collectively is referred to as “User-Generated Content.” If you post or send any User-Generated Content to us, intentionally or unintentionally, we (and such others as we may designate from time to time) shall have the unrestricted rights to the use thereof for any and all purposes whatsoever, commercial or otherwise, without any further permission from, or any payment to, you or anyone else. We and our designees also shall have the right (but no obligation) to use the name that you submit, as well as any other name by which you are or may be known, in connection with User-Generated Content. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, you hereby unconditionally grant to us a perpetual, non-exclusive, irrevocable, fully-paid, royalty-free, sub-licensable and transferable universal license to use, re-use, reproduce, transmit, print, publish, display, exhibit, distribute, re-distribute, copy, host, store, cache, archive, index, categorize, comment on, broadcast, stream, download, edit, alter, modify, adapt, translate, create derivative works based upon and publicly perform User-Generated Content, in whole or in part, by all means and in all media now known or hereafter devised for any and all purposes without further notice to you and with or without attribution (the “User-Generated Content License“). You agree to the User-Generated Content License whether or not your User-Generated Content is used by us.
You agree that User-Generated Content will not be subject to any expectation of trust or confidence between us and that no confidential or fiduciary relationship is intended or created between you and us. To the extent that any so-called “moral rights,” “neighbouring rights” or similar or analogous rights apply to any User-Generated Content and which are not exclusively owned by us, you agree not to enforce or assign, or permit any third party to enforce or assign, any such rights.
Each time that you access the Website, or post or submit User-Generated Content, you agree that the User-Generated Content License is ratified and confirmed with respect to such User-Generated Content and all User-Generated Content previously posted or submitted by you.
8. CONTENT LINKED TO THE WEBSITE
9. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
THE CONTENT ON THE WEBSITE IS PROVIDED “AS IS” AND WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, WE DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. WE DO NOT WARRANT THAT THE FUNCTIONS CONTAINED IN ANY CONTENT (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, USER-GENERATED CONTENT) WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT THE WEBSITE OR THE SERVERS THAT MAKE SUCH CONTENT AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS AND YOU ASSUME THE ENTIRE COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICING, REPAIR OR CORRECTION OF ANY OF YOUR EQUIPMENT OR SOFTWARE. WE MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES REGARDING USE, OR THE RESULTS OF USE, OF ANY CONTENT, PRODUCT OR SERVICE CONTAINED ON OR OFFERED, MADE AVAILABLE THROUGH, OR OTHERWISE RELATED IN ANY WAY TO THE WEBSITE INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY THIRD PARTY SITE OR SERVICE LINKED TO FROM THE WEBSITE (AND SPECIFICALLY NO REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY OF CORRECTNESS, ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, RELIABILITY OR SAFETY).
WE EXPLICITLY DISCLAIM ANY RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS OR AVAILABILITY OF INFORMATION, CONTENT AND MATERIALS FOUND ON SITES THAT LINK TO OR FROM THE WEBSITE. WE CANNOT ENSURE THAT YOU WILL BE SATISFIED WITH ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE THAT YOU PURCHASE FROM A THIRD PARTY WEBSITE THAT LINKS TO OR FROM THE WEBSITE OR THIRD PARTY INFORMATION, CONTENT OR MATERIALS CONTAINED ON OUR WEBSITE. WE DO NOT ENDORSE ANY OF THE MERCHANDISE, NOR HAVE WE TAKEN ANY STEPS TO CONFIRM THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS OR RELIABILITY OF, ANY OF THE INFORMATION, CONTENT OR MATERIALS CONTAINED ON ANY THIRD PARTY WEBSITE. WE DO NOT MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES AS TO THE SECURITY OF ANY INFORMATION, CONTENT OR MATERIALS (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, CREDIT CARD AND OTHER PERSONAL INFORMATION) YOU MIGHT BE REQUESTED TO GIVE TO ANY THIRD PARTY. YOU HEREBY IRREVOCABLY AND UNCONDITIONALLY WAIVE ANY AND ALL CLAIMS AGAINST US WITH RESPECT TO INFORMATION, CONTENT AND MATERIALS CONTAINED ON THE WEBSITE (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, USER-GENERATED CONTENT), ON THIRD PARTY SITES, AND ANY INFORMATION, CONTENT AND MATERIALS YOU PROVIDE TO OR THROUGH ANY SUCH THIRD PARTY SITES (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, CREDIT CARD AND OTHER PERSONAL INFORMATION). WE STRONGLY ENCOURAGE YOU TO MAKE WHATEVER INVESTIGATION YOU FEEL NECESSARY OR APPROPRIATE BEFORE PROCEEDING WITH ANY ONLINE OR OFFLINE TRANSACTION WITH ANY THIRD PARTY.
YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE CAREFULLY READ THIS “WAIVER AND RELEASE” AND FULLY UNDERSTAND THAT IT IS A RELEASE OF LIABILITY. YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE TO RELEASE AND DISCHARGE ALL INDEMNIFIED PARTIES (AS DEFINED BELOW) FROM ANY AND ALL CLAIMS OR CAUSES OF ACTION AND YOU AGREE TO VOLUNTARILY GIVE UP AND IRREVOCABLY WAIVE AND RELEASE ANY RIGHT THAT YOU MAY OTHERWISE HAVE TO BRING A LEGAL ACTION AGAINST ANY INDEMNIFIED PARTY FOR PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE.
CERTAIN JURISDICTIONAL LAWS DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN DAMAGES. IF THESE LAWS APPLY TO YOU, SOME OR ALL OF THE FOREGOING DISCLAIMERS, EXCLUSIONS OR LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU, AND YOU MIGHT HAVE ADDITIONAL RIGHTS.
11. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) SHALL WE BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANYONE ELSE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING LOST PROFITS), PERSONAL INJURY (INCLUDING DEATH) OR PROPERTY DAMAGE OF ANY KIND OR NATURE WHATSOEVER THAT ARISE OUT OF OR RESULT FROM: (A) THE USE OF, OR ANY INABILITY TO USE, THE WEBSITE OR ANY CONTENT OR FUNCTIONS THEREOF; OR (B) ANY ACT OR OMISSION, ONLINE OR OFFLINE, OF ANY USER OF THE WEBSITE OR ANYONE ELSE, EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL WE OR ANY OF THE INDEMNIFIED PARTIES BE LIABLE FOR ANY DELAY OR FAILURE IN PERFORMANCE RESULTING, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM ANY EVENT. NEITHER WE NOR ANY OTHER INDEMNIFIED PARTY IS RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR: (A) ANY INCOMPATIBILITY BETWEEN THE WEBSITE AND ANY SITE, SERVICE, SOFTWARE OR HARDWARE; OR (B) ANY DELAY OR FAILURE YOU MAY EXPERIENCE WITH ANY TRANSMISSION OR TRANSACTION RELATED TO THE WEBSITE.
12. COPYRIGHT COMPLAINTS
We respect the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe that your work has been copied on the Website in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please follow our Notice and Procedure for Making Claims of Copyright Infringement outlined below.
15. APPLICABLE LAW AND DISPUTES
Any dispute relating in any way to your visit to the Website or to products you purchase through the Website shall be submitted to confidential binding arbitration in Canada, except that, to the extent you have in any manner violated or threatened to violate our intellectual property rights, we may seek injunctive or other appropriate relief in any court.
16. ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATIONS
When you visit the Website or send e-mails to us, you are communicating with us electronically. You consent to receive communications from us electronically. We will communicate with you by e-mail, text/sms, or by posting notices on the Website. You agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures and other communications that we provide to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing.
17. MISCELLANEOUS LEGAL PROVISIONS
We may discontinue the Website at any time and for any reason, without notice. We may change the contents, operation, or features of the Website at any time for any reason, without notice.
NOTICE AND PROCEDURE FOR MAKING CLAIMS OF COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT
If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide our copyright agent the written information specified below. Please note that this procedure is exclusively for notifying us that your copyrighted material has been infringed.
- An electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest
- A description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed
- A description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the Website
- Your address, telephone number, and e-mail address
- A statement by you that you have a good-faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law
- A statement by you, under penalty of perjury, that the foregoing information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf
The NCC’s Copyright Agent for notice of claims of copyright infringement on the Website can be reached as follows: email@example.com.
What are Cookies?
Cookies are small pieces of text sent to your browser by a website you visit. They help that website remember information about your visit, which can both make it easier to visit the site again and make the site more useful to you. Other technologies, including unique identifiers used to identify a browser, app or device, pixels, and local storage, can also be used for these purposes.
More About Cookies
1. How do we use them?
As mentioned, a cookie is a very small text document, which often includes an anonymous unique identifier. When you visit a website, a computer asks your computer for permission to store this file in a part of your hard drive specifically designated for cookies.
Like many web sites, we use “cookies” and we obtain certain types of information when you access our Site, or our advertisements, or other content provided by us or by others on our behalf from other sites. Information we gather through cookies may include the date and time of your visits to our Site, the pages viewed, and the time spent at our Site.
- Personalize your experience with our Site;
- Collect aggregate information about Site usage by all of our users;
- Control the display of advertisements;
- To offer other products, services, and functionalities personalized to you; and
- To improve the performance of our Site to provide you with a better user experience.
For further details on cookies, please visit All About Cookies where you can find comprehensive information on cookies and similar technologies, www.allaboutcookies.org.
4. What types of Cookies do we use?
STRICTLY NECESSARY COOKIES
We use “analytics” cookies, which, in conjunction with our web server’s log files, allow us to calculate the aggregate number of people visiting our Site and which parts of our Site are most popular. This helps us gather feedback so that we can improve our Site and offer the best user experience.